They're not dead exactly,
They're just... sort of rotting.
Last night I went over to Shirah's house for a movie night. We decided to watch Dead Alive since she's never seen it. How can anyone NOT have seen this, I have no clue. But being as it's one of my absolute favorites, I was more than happy to sit through it again. It was my second time watching it just in the past month. I was amused at my sister's reaction to the film. When it started she didn't seem interested. But after the first few scenes it was "This is pretty awesome!"
We're first introduced to a little sweetheart by the name of Paquita. She works in a small store with her family, and daydreams about finding love. Her grandmother reads her fortune, only to reveal that our main character, Lionel is the one for Paquita. "One love that will last a lifetime." The only problem with that is his possessive mother. She follows the two lovebirds on their first date to the zoo. While there Mum gets bit by a rare Sumatran Rat Monkey brought over from Skull Island. Lionel then takes her home to care for her, where she only continues to get worse.
The nurse comes to the house the next day, and announces his mother dead. Only for her to be transformed into a savage flesh-eater. The nurse is bit and also changed, leaving Lionel in panic. He doesn't know what to do, so he locks them both in the basement to buy time to figure out a plan. So, what was his bright idea? Animal tranquilizers. He's doing a decent job of keeping his zombies sedated in the basement until Uncle Les shows up and decideds to throw a party. It's all fun and games until Mum and her rotting friends escape from downstairs.
House full of people + Wild zombies running free = All hell breaking loose. One by one every party guest is transformed. Finally it's down to Lionel and Paquita. If they don't do something, they'll soon be dinner. This time, Lionel has a much better idea than his last. He comes in and attacks all the zombies with his lawn mower. He succeds in chopping them all into pieces and then is faced with his mother at the very end. This movie isn't called one of the goriest films of all time for nothing! It's funny, disgusting, and even romantic. A must see for ALL horror fans.











Excellent movie!! I miss the 90's now. lol.
ReplyDeleteThis is the first and probably only movie I have ever seen that made me queasy. That custard scene!
ReplyDeleteOh, wow, I haven't seen this for ages. Awesome reminder, Lissa. Thanks.
ReplyDelete