Some people experience nightmares when they are undergoing stress in their waking lives, such as difficulty or change on the job or with a loved one, moving, pregnancy, financial concerns, etc.
Other people experience frequent nightmares that seem unrelated to their waking lives. These people tend to be more creative, sensitive, trusting and emotional than average.
As long as I can remember I've had trouble sleeping. When I was young I had bad dreams on a regular basis. It even got to the point where I was sleep walking. That being said, these so called "night terrors" I've grown accustomed to. Not much frightens me anymore, unless it's a dream that involves something personal. I can dream about monsters, demons, whatever all night long and it doesn't phase me. But let me have a dream about someone who means something to me, and I wake up in panic. Over the past year I've had quite a few of these about someone close to me, but my most recent dream left me a little confused...
Not to go into much detail, but I've been going through a tough time lately when it comes to my love life. It seems that no matter what I do, I just can't fix things or make myself feel any better. It's one of the worst feelings in the world to care for someone, but to feel absolutely helpless in the situation. I'm thinking that could be what triggered my dream... I was a zombie, yet still myself. I craved human flesh but still had full control over my mind. It was odd. I had to eat to survive, and I seduced men to do so. I knew who I was and still had the appearance of a normal woman, but they became mindless zombies. This was all in an effort to protect the one I love, because I didn't want to hurt him. Yet at the end of the dream he was furious with me.
I really don't know what to make of all this. What exactly does this dream mean? No matter what I do or how hard I try, it's going to back fire? Trust issues? I'm horny? I'm HUNGRY?! I could try to dissect it all day long, or break out the dream books, but who knows? I really have no clue. It was just freaky how realistic it seemed and how much it bothered me, being as it was so strange. If anything you can feel free to analzye this in my comments. I'm interested to hear opinions, or stories about your own dreams.
Great post! :)
ReplyDelete