Not just another bloody date movie...
The other night I was browsing around on amazon when I came across a movie called Flick. I was originally drawn in by the cover art, but after I watched the trailer I became very interested. Flick gave off a sort of Sin City vibe. It looked like it might actually be pretty good, yet I'd never heard of it before. Couldn't find much online about it either, so I finally broke down and watched it on amazon and ordered a copy of the dvd shortly after. It's definitely now on my list of favorites.

Heartbroken? Down on your luck? Smell like rotting flesh? If so, you have lots in common with Johnny 'Flick' Taylor. The year was 1960, the place was The Palace, and all Johnny wanted was one dance with Sally Martin, the girl of his dreams. Instead all he got was trouble. A fight broke out and ended with several deaths, the blood on Johnny's hands. He takes Sally with him after she passes out on the dance floor only for her to wake up in panic. He tries to calm her and accidently drives off a bridge. Sally escapes but Johnny wasn't so lucky. His car wasn't found until 40 years later.

Heartbroken? Down on your luck? Smell like rotting flesh? If so, you have lots in common with Johnny 'Flick' Taylor. The year was 1960, the place was The Palace, and all Johnny wanted was one dance with Sally Martin, the girl of his dreams. Instead all he got was trouble. A fight broke out and ended with several deaths, the blood on Johnny's hands. He takes Sally with him after she passes out on the dance floor only for her to wake up in panic. He tries to calm her and accidently drives off a bridge. Sally escapes but Johnny wasn't so lucky. His car wasn't found until 40 years later.
When Johnny's car is discovered his body is still at the wheel. But no one knew that he'd be coming back to life and hungry for revenge. One by one kids (now adults in their 60's) who mistreated Johnny are being brutally murdered. Lieutenant McKenzie (Faye Dunaway) is put on the case to find the killer and Johnny Taylor's body, and discovers the shocking truth. Johnny's back from the dead and this time he won't let anyone stand in the way of his dance with Sal. "Just one dance with you, Sal. I'd die a happy man."
Only one problem, when the music stops, so does Johnny. He needs old school rockabilly tunes to keep him moving, and killing. McKenzie figures this out in just enough time to save Sally, the only survivor left. Even though Johnny is on a killing spree, Sal doesn't want anything bad to happen to him. She seems to have always cared for Johnny, even when no one else did. Pretty sad, and sweet. Who knows what could have been. But in the end, Johnny meets his fate. Maybe this time he can rest in peace.










This movie looks so bad ass, I love Zombie Love! :D Thanks for posting this, I will definitely check this one out.
ReplyDelete