Today the remake of the 80's classic Fright Night hits the theaters. The orignal is one of my absolute favorite horror movies, so this film will have a lot of work to do to steal me. I'm usually not a fan of remakes, especially when the orignal was awesome as is. But for some reason, I'm interested in seeing this one. It has many of the same elements as the first movie, but seems to have a different feel to it. I'm also not a big Colin Farrell fan, but I'm hoping he'll impress me. Check out the trailer for Fright Night 3D.
I am not a fan of Colin Farrell either... at all. The director was behind Lars and the Real Girl, and I really enjoyed that movie. I do like Yelchin and Poots (what a name), I even like Dave Tennant, but I do not like the Criss Angel mall-goth look they have given Peter Vincent. In fact, I hate it. If Roddy McDowall were to see that, he'd probably resurrect and die all over again.
Oh, man.. I totally forgot about The Fog remake with the guy from Smallville! I thought that one was pretty horrible as well.
I'm about to watch the original Fright Night again, even though I've seen it countless times. Not sure when I will go see the new one, but I will definitely let you know what I think.
Yeah, I watched Fright Night last weekend for a review. I found 2 commentaries online, which were both awesome. I actually plan to watch the second one sometime this weekend. I don't think it's great, but I do think it's underrated. Plus is directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, who did Halloween III, which I also think it underrated ***Dodges tomatoes***
I'm not getting my hopes up cause every remake of my favorite horror movies were awful. I.E. NOES, Friday the 13TH, Children of the Corn etc.. *shivers*
@Real Queen, I have been guilty in the past of unfairly judging a remake by default, but I really try not to. Truth be told, I have been impressed with some remakes (Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left), but there are some things with this one that's just difficult for me to look past.
I am not a fan of Colin Farrell either... at all. The director was behind Lars and the Real Girl, and I really enjoyed that movie. I do like Yelchin and Poots (what a name), I even like Dave Tennant, but I do not like the Criss Angel mall-goth look they have given Peter Vincent. In fact, I hate it. If Roddy McDowall were to see that, he'd probably resurrect and die all over again.
ReplyDeleteHaha, yeah not too thrilled about his look either but I'm going to watch it for the hell of it. I mean, nothing can be worse the NOES remake right?
ReplyDeleteI hear ya there. I consider Elm Street and The Fog to be the two absolute worst remakes thus far.
ReplyDeleteI'll be looking forward to some feedback
Oh, man.. I totally forgot about The Fog remake with the guy from Smallville! I thought that one was pretty horrible as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm about to watch the original Fright Night again, even though I've seen it countless times. Not sure when I will go see the new one, but I will definitely let you know what I think.
Yeah, I watched Fright Night last weekend for a review. I found 2 commentaries online, which were both awesome. I actually plan to watch the second one sometime this weekend. I don't think it's great, but I do think it's underrated. Plus is directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, who did Halloween III, which I also think it underrated ***Dodges tomatoes***
ReplyDeleteI don't like Collin Farell neither...but I am very curious about this film & what direction it'll go in.
ReplyDeleteI think that people who seen the original if they go see will go in prejudging it AND I am guilty of it. While people who haven't seen may like it.
Hey, I like Halloween III too, no tomato throwing.
ReplyDelete@Mister Bones I loved Halloween 3! :D
ReplyDeleteI'm not getting my hopes up cause every remake of my favorite horror movies were awful. I.E. NOES, Friday the 13TH, Children of the Corn etc.. *shivers*
I dunno, ever since In Bruges, I love Colin Ferrel.
ReplyDeleteGlad there are some other H3 fans out there. :)
ReplyDelete@Real Queen, I have been guilty in the past of unfairly judging a remake by default, but I really try not to. Truth be told, I have been impressed with some remakes (Hills Have Eyes, Last House on the Left), but there are some things with this one that's just difficult for me to look past.